homeaboutjourneyinspirekitchencontact

October 9, 2012

Day 9:Attitude



“Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens; not by what life brings us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst… a spark that creates extraordinary results.”

I am on a mission to change and improve my attitude. While we cannot change what happens to us, we can control our reactions. I am going to make every effort not to cry over spilled milk, or a muddy paw print on my jeans as I'm walking out the door. I have been saying at work lately, "I'm getting on my own nerves." And I have been! I am not a negative person, but have been getting bogged down with life's curve balls lately. Still, I'm not changing my situation, just reacting to it. Why waste a perfectly good day feeling crabby or down? I find that when I make a genuine effort to stay positive, not only do I feel better, but my whole outlook on the situation seems sunnier.

And, positivity is contagious. If I find myself in a negative mood or situation, I can be the one to turn it around. No, I cannot change every event with my attitude, but my reaction to what happens in life is either going to make myself and others feel worse, or help myself and others feel better.

Here's to getting back to "the glasss is half full" approach. You can hold me to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © Margot G. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.