homeaboutjourneyinspirekitchencontact

October 15, 2012

Day 15: Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day


Today, I join thousands and thousands of others in celebrating and remembering the souls of those whose lives ended far too son. For those who lived in their mother's womb, never in their arms. I join the mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and friends who are grieving for a precious baby in Heaven.

To find out that I was not alone in my loss was both comforting and heartbreaking at the same time. To find out that so many others have also said goodbye to a baby is unbelievable. I found myself naively asking, how did I not know about this? This is really something that other people go through? Not just me? I found out, also, that many remain silent about pregnancy loss. I have been silent at times, too, and find that the suffering is much greater when going through it alone.

Other times, it's impossible to be silent. The whole world already knew you were pregnant. I have had a few awful moments where someone who has not seen me in a long time asks me, didn't you have a baby? How are the twins? It even happened last night, actually. It still hurts to say "no, sadly, we lost them." It will probably always hurt.

Every day is a day of rememberance for our sweet babies. Today, especially, is a day to speak up and come together to honor all of the young lives no longer here with us on Earth. I will be praying for every mommy and daddy out there whose hearts are aching today and everyday in the absence of their heart and soul, their child.

We will be the voice they never had. We will live the life they never lived. Our hearts will always ache but theirs never will. If you are hurting today, remember that. They are safe and they are full of the love and joy you gave them. You are an amazing parent and they feel every ounce of your love and want you to feel every ounce of theirs. Theirs lives will not be taken in vain. Their legacy will live on and their footprint on your life and the lives of so many others will last forever. Their impact on this world and your heart is immeasurable.

Will you  join me in honoring these sweet babies today? Will you please say a prayer for them and their families who are missing them every minute of every day? If you'd like to find out ways to remember a loved one today, please visit www.October15th.com

I will be lighting candles at 7 pm to honor our babies. I will keep the lights on as a symbol that we remember, that we are not alone, that there is hope to be had.

For Michael, Elijah, Kate, baby Guys, Max, Alex, Cord, and all of the other babies whose mommies and daddies are aching today and everyday in your absence. We walk this earth for you.

To our little men, sweet baby girl, and our "little fighter Guys".  We miss you. We love you. We cherish you. We are so proud and so honored God chose us to be your parents.














No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © Margot G. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.