homeaboutjourneyinspirekitchencontact

November 27, 2011

The Importance of Being Thankful

Hi Friends,

It's been a little while, hasn't it? I'm sorry. There are days when I want to write, but just can't find the words. The days surrounding our first real holiday without our boys were difficult.

I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. We spent ours with family, doing a little shopping, some cooking, lots of catching up, and of course, eating.

This Thanksgiving was still different for us. I usually get so excited about the holidays. I love the decorations, the change of seasons, the hustle and bustle, and the spirit and joy that fills the air. This year, however, I haven't truthfully been looking forward to them. My excitement is muted by my heartache. I will be the first to admit that I didn't always see how one could feel sad during the holidays, but now I do. I guess that just goes to show what a joyful life I have been blessed with. Now, admittedly, I just want to get through them. Isn't that terrible? I've never been this way. It's just where we are, and that's okay.

With all of that said, Thanksgiving is about giving thanks for the blessings we have. I count my blessing every single day, but Thanksgiving is an especially good time to reflect on them. Even with ALL of our pain this year, I have so much to be thankful for:


I am thankful for Elijah Thomas and Michael David, the greatest blessings of my life.

I am thankful for my husband, who is my solid rock, my best friend, and my soul mate.

I am thankful for my family, without their support we would not be standing.

I am thankful for my friends, their understanding, their support, and their patience with their friend who can't seem to find her spark yet.

I am thankful for sweet Sadie and her ability to make me smile on days I didn't think I would.

I am thankful for sunny days, sweet dreams, and lazy Saturdays.

I am thankful for God's constant love and understanding through good days and bad. I am thankful for the strength He has given me.

I am thankful for my job, and the opportunity to work with such fantastic ladies.

I am thankful that I have the opportunity to teach and know such amazing kiddos.

I am thankful for my husband's job, even though I may whine and complain when he's away on business trips.

I am thankful we have our home, and a chance to put down roots for our family.

I am thankful for the clothes on our backs and food on our plates.

I am thankful for all of the luxuries we do not need yet we still have.

I am thankful for you, sweet blog friends. You may know me personally, or you may be a stranger across the country, but you have taken it upon yourself to follow along with us on our journey through grief and parenthood. You have prayed for us, thought about us, encouraged us, and shared our story. What remarkable, special people you are.

It's important to give thanks, no matter what you're going through in life. It is important to be thankful not only during the happy times, but also during the sad. There is always something to be thankful for.

1 comment:

ChelseaTheo said...

Perfectly said, my dear. I also found myself feeling pretty sad this Thanksgiving. It's not easy...but you're right, we have plenty to be thankful for in the midst of our heartache. Hopefully this time next year, we'll have a second chance at Motherhood ;-)

Post a Comment

 
Content © Margot G. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.