homeaboutjourneyinspirekitchencontact

July 20, 2011

The "Guy" Burger

I don't think promise this blog will not be all about food. However, given the circumstances of being home for the summer, hubby back at the office and trying to get back in touch with my creative side, I've been in the kitchen more than usual. Plus, I sometimes can't find the words to articulate my feelings on a given day and if I feel sad writing them, I'm sure you'll feel sad reading them. Which, I don't want. So, today we'll take a break and write a foodie post.

I must give all credit for the deliciousness that was this meal to my Mr. He is usually the "meat man", which does not sound appetizing, but in general he takes that station and I'm on veggie duty. Let me preface by saying that when we make burgers, they are almost always turkey, and almost always a "little of this, little of that" type recipes. This is fun but makes for writing the recipe a little difficult! We did our best to recreate it here, but know that you could tweak or add anything that seemed like it would fit in. You could also use ground beef or chicken if you'd like. Okay, here she goes:

The "Guy" Turkey Burger
with roasted brussels and sweet potato "fries"


Ingredients

Turkey Burger
lean ground turkey
~1/2 cup Frank's Hot Buffalo Sauce
dash of liquid smoke
2 tbs worchestire sauce
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
~1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated (more if you like 'em cheesier!)
sea salt
pepper
ciabatta rolls
tzatziki slaw (see below)

Combine all ingredients and form into patties in number and size of your choice. Toss on the grill and cook until white and "doneness" (did I make that word up?) you prefer. Pop ciabatta rolls into toaster oven to warm and lightly crisp.

Veggies
sweet potato spears
(create yourself or I found mine at produce section of Trader Joe's)
brussel sprouts
olive oil
sea salt
pepper
cayenne powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange sweet potato spears and brussels on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cayenne powder for an extra kick. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges begin to turn brown and crisp to your liking!

Toppers
avocado slices
Sliced tomatoes
tzatziki slaw:
Broccoli slaw + tzatziki sauce=heaven!
*Do not skip this. We think they made the burgers! You could make your own sauce, which I didn't this time. I found one I'm in love with from Earth Fare. Simple!*

Build your burger and prepare for your taste buds to do a little dance!








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © Margot G. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.