homeaboutjourneyinspirekitchencontact

August 15, 2014

Europe Trip-Leuven & Paris

Tuesday, August 5th-Brussels->Leuven

The opportunity came up to go to Europe because TJ has to sometimes travel to Belgium for work. We thought it was a good time for me to come along, and he was able to take vacation on either end of his work section. We really liked Leuven. It was very small compared to Brussels but was so charming. There's also a university there, and lots and lots of cute shops and restaurants.

I spent a lot of  time on my own during the day while he was off at work. I missed my travel buddy but stayed busy and balanced exploring with relaxing. I had to do some of that on this trip! We were 3-3 so far with hotels, so I enjoyed afternoon tea at ours with a good book.








 afternoon reading in the courtyard

beautiful church outside our window!
 

we forgot our camera that night so this cell phone picture with bad lighting is as good as it got!
 
Wednesday, August 6th-Leuven
 
Can we please take a moment and acknowledge this breakfast I had each day in Leuven? It's a bagel with brie, nuts, greens and honey. I saw it in other cafes so I am assuming it must be common in Belgium. It seems so simple, yet I'd never had this combination of flavors together, especially on a bagel. It was quite filling, but so yummy.


One of my favorite things in Bruge and Leuven was the Begijnhofs. These are communities within a community, built in the 13th century where women who widows or nuns would live and work safely. The one in Leuven is the oldest in Belgium and it was such a peaceful place. I thought it was really special to see!

 

 

 


 

 

 
Awkward selfie to with Begijnhof in background
 Then, I went to the library bell tower and climbed a bunch of steps to see panoramic views of the city. I'm glad I did this!

 





Tea for one at the hotel while I waited for my guy to come back from work.

It was a little rainy so we just went to a pizza place around the corner for dinner and called it a night.
 
Thursday, August 7th-Leuven->Paris
 
I toured Leuven a little more in the morning, then met TJ at the train station in the afternoon so we could head to Paris!

 

 

Our first pictures in Paris. :) The weather forecast had turned at this point in the trip and we thought we were in for a rainy time. Luckily, it held off for our first evening so we could stroll around and eat a fantastic meal at Le Deux Magots.




 one of our favorite pictures! This was the "lock of love bridge"
and even though we didn't add a lock of our own, we've got the love part down.

Up next: a FULL day in Paris!  

1 comment:

Annie said...

That last picture is awesome!

Post a Comment

 
Content © Margot G. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.