homeaboutjourneyinspirekitchencontact

July 21, 2014

Visit to NC

I've been away from the blog on an unintentional break, so I've got lots of catching up to do! Hoping to post more regularly on all that we've been up to lately.

It was so nice to be back down south for a few days. We had a great time and only wish we could have stayed longer! I came down on Tuesday and TJ came Friday morning (after a cancelled flight Thursday evening!)

Tuesday: Mom and Dad picked me up from the airport and we had a quick lunch at home. Then, we went to see the new house they are building, which will be ready in August! I'm so excited for them and was happy to see it in person. Part of this trip was to "say bye" to my childhood house. We all grew up there, and for my whole life, it has been home.  It will be strange to not go there when visiting NC, but I'm really happy for my parents who are building their dream home. Later that day my sister and her family came over for happy hour and dinner. My nieces are darling and are getting so big. Madeleine kept saying "I love you, Mo-Mo. Can you move to Greensboro?" Heart breaker!

Wednesday: Caitlyn turned two! We played at the park in the morning, the pool in the afternoon and had a little pizza party that night. Such a fun day celebrating her!







Thursday: A little shopping with mom, Marideth and Merritt came over for a visit, and family dinner. TJ was supposed to join us but Hurricane Arthur had other plans. His flight was rescheduled for the next morning.

Friday: I picked up TJ first thing in the morning from the airport and we headed straight to pick up chicken biscuits. :) We all went out to show him the new house, then went to Winston to see Marideth, Adam, Merritt and Adam's sweet parents at their house. We had lunch and played in the pool before heading back to Greensboro for Fourth of July cookout. We ate lots of good food, played some baci ball in the yard and lit sparklers in the cul-de-sac. It was just right.













Saturday: TJ and I headed to Charlotte for a quick day trip. We visited with our friends Brad and Michelle and met their adorable new baby, Braden.  Then we drove around town, quickly strolled through Nordstrom and had lunch with Brent and Danielle at Chuy's. Luckily, the humidity had dropped and the weather was pretty perfect. Neither of us took pictures, of course! We headed back in time for dinner at Mom and Dad's. {We didn't take a single picture!!}

Sunday: We had a great day. TJ and I went on a lunch date to one of my favorite restaurants, Lucky 32. We sat outside and our meal included fried green tomatoes, a must have. We then headed to the pool and played with the girls. Mom made a delicious meal for dinner, then we said our goodbyes {for now} to my sister's family.







We headed back to NYC and to the dogs on Monday. It was a short, but very sweet, trip. I am glad to be in New York but I also miss North Carolina and the ones we love there. Until next time, I'm gone to Carolina in my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © Margot G. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.