homeaboutjourneyinspirekitchencontact

May 2, 2014

Five on Friday-April Showers bring May Flowers


Happy Friday and hello, May! I am really hoping that April showers {and other crazy weather} does indeed bring May flowers.

Keeping it short, sweet and random this Friday. I hope you have had a wonderful week and that you've got something fun planned for the weekend! Linking up with April , Christina , Darci and Natasha for Five on Friday!

{one} This time last year, we were at the Kentucky Derby! It was truly such a fun experience and I wish we could have gone back this year. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous! {much better than the washout that happened on Derby day last year!}

{two}
I am in love with my new watch! I've been stalking it for some time and used some birthday gifts to purchase it this week. It is larger than all of my other watches, but I just couldn't resist. I love it.

{three}
We have been living in New York City for six months this week! I am writing a post about it so I can remember all about these six months, but they've been a rollercoaster. How is it possible that it can simultaneously feel like we've been here forever and then that we are just still visiting? I still feel like the south is home, and I'm okay with that. :)
{four}
We are going to see Ray LaMontagne tonight! I'm so excited. We were introduced to "You Are The Best Thing" at our wedding and we are big fans of his sweet music.
{five}
Our little niece Madeleine turned FIVE on Wednesday. How is that possible? She is the cutest, sweetest little girl and we loved talking with her about her birthday. She informed us that she loved the monster we gave her and was going to play with it everyday, told us that her daddy was making her favorite meal for dinner, asked if she'd see us again one day {heart breaker} and told us she loved and missed us over and over. The best thing is that she's learning her manners and so she kept switching "you're welcome" and "thank you" which was the cutest thing. For example, I said I hoped she had the best day ever and I was excited to hear about her birthday party on Friday, and she would say "you're welcome!" Love her and all of our nieces!
 
Have a wonderful Friday and weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by!


2 comments:

Alec @ Singletary's Life as we know it said...

Stoping by from the link up! I love your watch! I have been drooling over one just like that with a turquoise face! I bet Ray LaMontagne will be amazing! My husband and I used a few of his songs at our wedding. Have a great weekend :)

Classic Annie said...

Oh my goodness, that watch is SO pretty!

Post a Comment

 
Content © Margot G. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.