homeaboutjourneyinspirekitchencontact

March 14, 2014

Five on Friday!


Woo Hoo! It's Friday! I'm happy to link up with April, Christina, Darci and Natasha for another Five on Friday!

{one}
Today is one of my favorite days because it is my sweet husband's birthday! Happy Birthday to the most handsome man who has my heart, makes me laugh and smile everyday,  and is my very best friend. I am beyond blessed to call you mine and to be able to celebrate 8 birthdays with you! Here's to many, many more. I love you, babe!
For fun, us in 2007...
 
Us today :)
 
As a part of the birthday boy's celebration, today we {pups included} are driving up to Vermont for a weekend of skiing and relaxing. We are so excited to escape from the city for a few days!
Truth be told, I get way more excited about celebrating his birthday than he does. He understands and appreciates my love of birthdays, which is a plus, but doesn't want anyone to make a big fuss over him. I enjoy making a big fuss for him and I think that in the teeniest, tiniest bit, he likes it, too. If not, at least one of us is finding a reason to be festive! ;)
 
{two}

I have been in a breakfast rut! This week I finally tried avocado on Ezekiel toast, and oh my! So good. I don't know why I hadn't tried it for breakfast before like this. I love avocado on just about everything, so why not eat it on toast? I added tomatoes this morning. A little sprinkle of salt and it was just right. I also tried chia seed pudding this week, but forgot to take pictures before I finished it! That can be for next week. I used Giada's recipe and it is delicious! What are you eating for breakfast these days?


 {three}
Fancy Ashley shared about these amazing little balls of goodness on her blog, and once I realized I had all of the ingredients on hand, I got right to it. You can find the recipe here. I added chia seeds and didn't have the flaxseed so I skipped that. If you like peanut butter, oats, coconut, chocolate and honey, these energy bites are for you! Warning--They are so good you may not be able to stop eating them.


{four}
Are you loving daylight saving time? What a difference it makes each night to have that extra bit of daylight. The other day it was around 60 degrees here {which feels balmy compared to where we were!} and I decided to take a walk around Central Park. I love this picture because it literally shows how the city is thawing out from the winter. The little ducks are out and about and the icy pond is changing. The park was packed with people coming out of hibernation. It's so refreshing to leave one season and begin another. This winter has been long and cold for everyone and I love the hope and warmth that come with spring on the horizon.
{five}
I have a prayer request for you. Owen Parker was born on February 23rd to Brian and Allison. Less than 24 hours after he was born, it was discovered that he has a severe congenital heart defect and he was rushed via helicopter to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, where he is today. He is a fighter and his parents are amazingly strong. I cannot imagine what they must be going through right now. While I do not know this family personally, I have been praying for them constantly since I learned of Owen's condition through a friend's facebook page. If you would please take a moment to pray for Owen to grow stronger, his team of doctors, and his parents. Allison has created a Caring Bridge  page to update on Owen's progress, and Ginna designed t-shirts with the logo above, as an effort to help support Allison and Brian with these unexpected medical expenses. You can read more about how to help the Parker family here. Thank you so much for helping lift this sweet family and precious Owen up in your prayers and support!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © Margot G. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.