homeaboutjourneyinspirekitchencontact

October 23, 2014

Vermont Weekend

Thank you all so much for your beautiful words of encouragement with my last post. Every time I write something that's hard to think, feel, or say, I'm reminded what a powerful effect community can have. I'm reminded that I'm not alone, and knowing that we're being prayed for and cheered on means so much. So, so much.

This past weekend we escaped the city and headed to Vermont. We met my parents there, and it always works wonders for the soul to spend some time with family. We've been so fortunate to see two of our best friends, and my sister and brother-in-law in NYC over the past couple of a weeks. They get their own post, but it was great to add to the list of seeing my parents this weekend, too!

 We got there late Friday night, so it was a quick trip. Saturday was a bit rainy but was lovely anyhow. We spent it strolling around town, popping into little shops and then we took a drive to a local brewery and cheese shop.







 We visited a covered bridge that connects Vermont to New Hampshire through the Connecticut River. My mom, who grew up in Vermont, had never seen this particular one so we checked that out.











 For dinner, we headed to the Woodstock Inn where we had a drink at The Red Rooster and dinner at the tavern. I had a lobster pot pie and TJ had lobster mac and cheese. Delicious!


On Sunday, we had brunch at Worthy Kitchen where something came over me and I ordered the fried chicken and a biscuit. Actually, TJ did, too. We love that place.
 

Thankful for a weekend with my parents! Hope you had a great one, too. And I realize it's almost time for the next weekend but it's been that kind of week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © Margot G. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.