homeaboutjourneyinspirekitchencontact

February 21, 2014

Five on Friday!

Hey, y'all! It's time for another Five on Friday! I am happily linking up with April and friends today. Let's get started!
{one}
We are off to see Wicked tomorrow! I'm so excited about this. We've been told it's something you "must see" while in New York, and my hubby planned this as a part of my Christmas present. Dinner and the show are what's on tap for tomorrow night!

{two}

Are you guys sad to see the Olympics wrap up this weekend? I've loved watching them as much as possible and find myself so impressed with these athletes. I was thinking how amazing it is that when the figure skaters fall, they immediately get up and don't even skip a beat in their routine. I just can't imagine and the only thing I'd want to do would be curl up in a ball on the ice and cry. Ha--reason #2354 they are out there competing and not me. :) I've loved the scary ski and snowboarding competitions the most, but they are hard to watch and I'm always nervous someone will get hurt. The back stories on the athletes pull at the heart strings and make me love them that much more. I do also love the pride and {good} sportsmanship that is shown throughout the Olympics. Not to mention all the crazy stories that came from Sochi. 'Til next time!
{three}
Spring is coming! {I don't know if that's actually true, but I am going to tell myself that until it happens.} So, as you may know, I am a nail polish addict. I'm loving Essie's new spring collection of polishes and I couldn't resist picking up a mini cube to try a few of the colors. Aren't they fun?
 

{four}
Our sweet friends, Brent and Danielle came for a visit from Charlotte over the long weekend! Aside from getting delayed due to weather, we had such a fun weekend. The weather was not the best, but it didn't stop us from exploring the city, including walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. As usual, we didn't take nearly as many pictures as we would have liked, but here are a few. Can't wait to see you guys again soon!
                               





{five}

I was also thrilled to see some sweet teachers from my former school in Charlotte who happened to be in town this week for a training! We met for Mexican and margaritas and I loved catching up with them! It was such a treat in the middle of the week and wonderful to see some familiar faces in the city.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and thank you so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

Lisa Loves John said...

Ahh! I've wanted to see Wicked for so long now! Jealous that you get to go!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how you liked it! :)

Happy weekend, girlie! Xo

Post a Comment

 
Content © Margot G. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.