homeaboutjourneyinspirekitchencontact

January 10, 2014

Five on Friday-100th POST!


Today is the 100th post on Find Your Spark! I don't ever forget why this blog came to be. I am proud of what's become of it and most of all, I look forward to keeping up with it and documenting our adventures in the future.

I'm linking up for a special Five on Friday with April, Darci, Christina and Natasha and a we have a lot of catching up to do!

 
Thoughts for a new year: This year I have two words that I'm going to focus on. Intentional and Gratitude. I'm really going to try to be intentional with my time, relationships, prayers, thoughts, finances, organizing, eating wholesome foods and just being present in the moment. As for gratitude, I am going to do my very best to focus on being thankful for something (or several somethings) every day. I want to keep a gratitude journal and write down these things as a reminder that there is always, always, always something to be thankful for.
 I also want to become a little bit braver and write more openly about our journey to become {earthly} parents. It is something that is always an ever present part of our lives, but I don't write about it too often. This blog is a journal about our lives and I want to look back and remember it all, the good parts and the hard parts.
 
We had a fantastic visit to North Carolina over Christmas! I loved seeing friends and family and the pups had a blast, too. We went to {the wettest} Panthers game and had so much fun. My only regret is that I didn't take more pictures with everyone we saw!
Here are a few:



We had dinner and stayed with our sweet friends Brent and Danielle, AND we are so excited that they are coming to visit us in NYC next month!

 










 Christmas Eve
In our Christmas Jammies :)

 Christmas Day Dinner

 The Kings! :)
 Queens {we left our crowns off for this one} :)

How have you all been doing with this cold? I know the temperatures have been ridiculous everywhere. It is 35 degrees today and I swear I was humming while walking and thinking to myself that it felt quite pleasant outside. Haha. Funny how that happens.


Have you heard of Fresh Direct?  I tried it for the first time this week and Oh My. It was so easy and I there was so much to choose from. I have had Trader Joe's delivered before but for that you've got to shop in the store and arrange for them to deliver your groceries later. Still pretty easy, but with it being so cold, ordering everything online and having it delivered to my door is pretty appealing. Will definitely be using them again!
 
 

 
I am attempting to take a picture everyday for the entire year. This is actually going to be pretty challenging but I'm up for it given my goal to appreciate the small things everyday. I'm doing this on Instagram and I'd love for you to follow along!
 
 Here's what 2014 looks like so far:
 
Day 1: Happy Birthday, Bailey!
 Day 2: BRRR
 Day 3: Snowday, part 1
Day 4: Snowday, part 2
Day 5: Lazy brunch at home
 Day 6: An awesome reminder
 Day 7: Whatever-we-had-in-the-kitchen pot pie
 Day 8: It was so cold that Sadie did what we all wished we could have done: Went back to bed before even going outside.
Day  9: Shopping in Soho and drinking water from a box. :)
Day 10: Go Panthers!
 
100 posts may not seem like many in the grand scheme of things, but to me, it's a reminder that I'm very glad I started this blog as a heartbroken mama who did not know what to do next. I can't put words or value to describe how thankful I am to everyone who has decided to visit our little corner of the internet and share their stories and encouragement with me. And, if this is your first time here, I hope you'll come back. Cheers to 100 posts, finding joy in the journey and, to a wonderful weekend!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © Margot G. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.