homeaboutjourneyinspirekitchencontact

October 2, 2013

This.Is.Getting.Real.


Sometimes in the morning, when we are getting ready to head out for the day, Sadie will retreat under our bed. Maybe it's too dark outside, she's too sleepy, or just isn't thrilled about us all parting ways for the day. Whatever it is, TJ has been saying he has to "drag her out like a beaver." This is kind of funny to watch, because he literally has to pull her little self out from under the bed, resisting with all her might.

Since this whole thing started, not so long ago, I have probably been in a little bit of denial. TJ has been comparing me to Sadie, saying he was going to have to "drag me out of here like a beaver." (In the sweetest way possible, of course). Why? I'm not sure. Probably because we love Charlotte. We have friends and family here in NC. We love our house, our yard, our space. I had the privilege of teaching 6 year olds how to read and really loved my team. Our neighborhood is really sweet, so are our neighbors. It could also be that change is scary, or that there are so many unknowns up ahead. Or, it could be that although I've had the opportunity to visit so many places, I've never actually lived outside of North Carolina. So, while a big part of me is excited about this adventure we are about to begin together, another part of me is screaming, "THIS IS CRAZY!" :)

Things are moving in fast forward right now. I am a "retired" teacher, which is so weird to say and hasn't really sunk in yet. We have sifted through most of our belongings, and have given away or sold about three quarters of them! The house goes on the market in the next few days. The moving truck comes Monday. There's no turning back now!

In the midst of all the crazy, I am trying to soak up the south, and all of the conveniences that I've come to love here. I'm trying to spend as much time as possible enjoying our friends and family being close by. At the same time, I don't want to focus on what we'll be missing, rather what new experiences we will gain and people we will meet.

 I saw this yesterday, and it just fits my life in a million ways right now.

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content © Margot G. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.